Mufti Salman Azhari Biography
Mufti Salman Azhari was born on January 1, 1986, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He hails from a distinguished family deeply rooted in Islamic scholarship. His father, Maulana Abdul Qayyum Azhari, is a renowned scholar and author, while his mother, Ummul Khair Azhari, is also a respected figure in the field of Islamic sciences. Mufti Salman Azhari is 38 years old as of 2024.
Mufti Salman Azhari Personal Details
|Mufti Salman Azhari
|38 years old
|Date Of Birth/Birthday
|21 December 1985
|Park Site Vikhroli
|Local High School
|Maulana Abdul Qayyum Azhari, Ummul Khair Azhari
Mufti Salman Azhari Education
Foundations in Islamic Studies: Mufti Salman’s educational journey began at Madrasa Ashrafia in Mumbai, where he received primary and secondary education, excelling in both secular and religious subjects. His commitment to scholarship led him to Al Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt, one of the world’s oldest and prestigious institutions of Islamic learning.
Academic Achievements: At Al Azhar University, Mufti Salman Azhari graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies in 2008. He continued his academic pursuit by obtaining a Master’s degree in Islamic Jurisprudence from the same institution. In 2014, he completed his Ph.D. in Islamic Law, focusing on “The Role of Islamic Law in Contemporary Society.”
Mufti Salman Azhari Career
Educator and Leader: Mufti Salman commenced his career as a teacher and lecturer at Jamia Ashrafia in Mumbai, specializing in subjects like Quran, Hadith, Fiqh, Tafseer, Aqeedah, and Arabic. His dedication and expertise led him to head the Department of Islamic Studies at the institution, where he managed both academic and administrative affairs.
Founder of Al-Amaan Foundation: In 2016, Mufti Salman Azhari founded @al_amaan_foundation, an organization committed to spreading the message of Islam and educating people about its teachings. As the director of the foundation, he oversees various initiatives and projects aimed at promoting Islamic values.
Digital Outreach: Embracing modern means of communication, Mufti Salman launched a YouTube channel, where he shares lectures, videos, and live sessions on diverse topics related to Islam and Muslims. His digital presence extends to social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, where he engages with a vast audience.
Mufti Salman Azhari Controversies
Challenges and Controversies: Mufti Salman Azhari has not shied away from addressing controversial issues. In 2019, he challenged a Hindu monk, Narasimhananda Saraswati, to walk on fire following derogatory remarks against Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Islam. In 2020, he criticized French President Emmanuel Macron for defending the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet, urging Muslims to boycott French products.
Mufti Salman Azhari Recent Incident – Hate Speech Controversy
Islamic preacher Maulana Mufti Salman Azhari was arrested in Mumbai and transported to Gujarat late last night due to his alleged involvement in delivering an inflammatory speech in the state last week. The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) took him into custody in the morning and proceeded towards Junagadh with a transit remand for two days.
Upon his arrival at the Ghatkopar police station, where he was initially taken, hundreds of his supporters gathered and blocked traffic in a show of solidarity. To ensure the smooth movement of the police convoy towards Junagadh, the crowd was dispersed through the use of force.
The police took action against Azhari after a video of his speech on January 31 went viral. According to AIMIM leader Waris Pathan, Maulana Azhari’s speech focused on the Israel-Palestine dispute, and he did not intend to provoke anyone.
The arrest has stirred a reaction from Azhari’s supporters, highlighting the tense situation outside the police station. The incident underscores the delicate balance between freedom of speech and potential repercussions when addressing sensitive geopolitical issues. Authorities will likely investigate the content of the speech to determine if it indeed violated any laws or incited unrest.
5 Points About Maulana Mufti Salman Azhari
- Maulana Azhari is a Sunni research scholar and motivational speaker based in Mumbai.
- He is the founder of Jamia Riyazul Jannah, Al-Amaan Education and Welfare Trust, and Darul Amaan, as mentioned in his X (formerly Twitter) bio.
- Azhari pursued his education at Al Azhar University in Cairo, known as one of the oldest and most prestigious Islamic learning centers in Egypt.
- His impactful speeches have garnered a significant following among Muslims worldwide, and he actively engages in various socio-religious activities.
- On January 31, Maulana Azhari allegedly delivered a provocative speech in Gujarat’s Junagadh, leading to the circulation of a viral video and subsequent police action.
- Despite his detention, the cleric has urged his supporters to refrain from protesting and requested them to vacate the premises of the police station to maintain law and order.
Mufti Salman Azhari Personal Life
Marriage and Family: Mufti Salman Azhari is married to Zainab Azhari, a scholar and teacher of Islamic sciences. The couple has four children—two sons named Abdullah and Zaid, and two daughters named Aisha and Fatima. They reside in Mumbai, India, as a closely-knit family.
Personal Traits: Known for his humble, polite, and friendly personality, Mufti Salman Azhari serves as a role model and inspiration, especially for the youth. His passion and dedication to his work and mission have garnered admiration from followers.
Mufti Salman Azhari Net Worth
Financial Overview: Mufti Salman Azhari has an estimated net worth of $750,000, his contributions to the Islamic community and society have earned him numerous awards and honors. His influence extends beyond financial metrics, reflecting his commitment to education and advocacy.
Mufti Salman Azhari continues to navigate a path where his commitment to Islamic teachings intersects with societal challenges, leaving an indelible mark on the discourse around faith and understanding.
Other Facts About Mufti Salman Azhari
- Mufti Salman Azhari is a highly regarded Islamic scholar, preacher, and educator known for his online lectures and posts on various platforms, gaining popularity globally.
- He is the founder and director of @al_amaan_foundation, an organization dedicated to spreading the message of Islam and educating people about its teachings and values.
- Born on January 1, 1986, in Mumbai, India, Mufti Salman comes from a family of respected Islamic scholars. His father, Maulana Abdul Qayyum Azhari, is an esteemed scholar and author, while his mother, Ummul Khair Azhari, is also a scholar and teacher of Islamic sciences.
- Mufti Azhari received his education at Madrasa Ashrafia in Mumbai, excelling in both religious and secular subjects. He further pursued his studies at Al Azhar University in Cairo, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies in 2008 and later obtaining a Master’s degree in Islamic Jurisprudence.
- In 2014, Mufti Salman completed his Ph.D. in Islamic Law with a thesis on “The Role of Islamic Law in Contemporary Society.”
- He began his career as a teacher at Jamia Ashrafia in Mumbai, teaching various subjects related to Quran, Hadith, Fiqh, Tafseer, Aqeedah, and Arabic. He eventually became the head of the Department of Islamic Studies at the same institution.
- In 2016, Mufti Salman founded @al_amaan_foundation to amplify the message of Islam. He also launched a successful YouTube channel, garnering over 1.5 million subscribers and 100 million views on his videos.
- Active on social media platforms, Mufti Azhari has more than 2 million followers on Instagram, over 1.2 million on Facebook, and more than 500,000 on Twitter.
- A frequent guest speaker, Mufti Salman has participated in various national and international events, sharing his insights on Islam and Muslims. He has traveled extensively to countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, the UK, the USA, and more.
- Despite being an Indian citizen, Mufti Salman Azhari has faced controversies, including a challenge to a Hindu monk in 2019 and criticism of French President Emmanuel Macron in 2020.
- Married to Zainab Azhari, also a scholar, Mufti Salman is a devoted family man with four children—Abdullah, Aisha, Zaid, and Fatima. They reside in Mumbai, India.
- Mufti Salman Azhari is known for his humble, polite, and friendly personality, serving as a role model and inspiration, particularly for the youth who seek his guidance and wisdom.
- The news article highlights Mufti Salman’s arrest for an alleged hate speech in Gujarat, sparking clashes between his supporters and the police. The speech, recorded on January 31, 2024, circulated on social media, leading to a complaint and FIR against Mufti Salman and local organizers.
Sage is a financial/consumer journalist and senior editor, personal finance, of TrendsHQ. EXPERTISE: Personal Finance, Careers, Jobs, Scholarships, and Entertainment.