President Bola Tinubu has given the green light for new leaders to take charge of various organizations in the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment. This decision, as announced on October 13 by Ajuri Ngelale, supports his aim to boost Nigeria’s economy by helping businesses of all sizes and promoting trade growth.
Afiz Ogun Oluwatoyin Biography and his Appointment
The newly appointed boss of ITF who goes by the name Afiz Ogun Oluwatoyin, is yet to reveal his personal details to the public, so very little is known about him for now.
Other appointed individuals for the respective agencies are as follows:
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) — Hussaini Ishaq Magaji, SAN
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF) — Afiz Ogun Oluwatoyin
- National Sugar Development Council (NSDC) — Kamar Bakrin
- Nigeria Export Processing Zone Authority (NEPZA) — Olufemi Ogunyemi
- Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) — Nonye Ayeni
- Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) — Aisha Rimi
- Oil & Gas Free Zone Authority (OGFZA) — Bamanga Usman Jada
- Small & Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) — Charles Odii
- Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) — Ifeanyi Chukwunonso Okeke
- Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN) — Rabiu Olowo
- Nigeria Commodities Exchange (NCE) — Anthony Atuche, CFA
- Lagos International Trade Fair Complex (LITFCMB) — Veronica Safiya Ndanusa
- Tafawa Balewa Square Management Board (TBSMB) — Lucia Shittu
- National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) — Oluwemimo Joseph Osanipin
Tinubu Appoints New Leadership for CAC, SMEDAN, Others
President Bola Tinubu is deeply dedicated to a transformative vision for the nation, one that entails not just a revival but a revitalization of every aspect of the country. With this overarching goal in mind, the President has entrusted the newly appointed leaders in this pivotal sector with a significant mandate. He has set high expectations for their performance, urging them to not just meet but surpass the newly established and demanding performance benchmarks laid out by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment.
These performance benchmarks are not arbitrary or detached from the broader mission. Rather, they are in perfect alignment with the President’s sweeping Renewed Hope Agenda. This comprehensive agenda encapsulates a strategic roadmap for the nation’s resurgence, emphasizing economic prosperity, growth, and enhanced opportunities. It is tailored to address the specific challenges and needs within the industry, trade, and investment sectors, which are crucial drivers of economic progress.
President Tinubu’s decision to make the appointments effective immediately speaks volumes about the urgency and determination behind this effort. It underscores the administration’s unwavering commitment to act swiftly and decisively. The President’s directive signals the importance of promptly implementing his vision for the revitalization of the industry, trade, and investment sectors, which are seen as linchpins in the broader plan for a renewed, vibrant, and more prosperous Nigeria.
Sage is a financial/consumer journalist and senior editor, personal finance, of TrendsHQ. EXPERTISE: Personal Finance, Careers, Jobs, Scholarships, and Entertainment.